Sunday, August 31, 2008

Portland Trip details

The thought of recapping all the days events while I visited Portland puts me in a coma. I'll give some highlights, although there was a lot of napping. I think I've been a little braindead lately due to medicinal alterations.

1. On the train up the scenery was beautiful and I heard a mentally challenged man tell his mother on the phone that he wasn't going to buy food because he had enough flubber on his belly to last him. A few hours later, he bought a mini pizza, doritos, and a sprite. I had breakfast with a retired pastor and his wife who lived in Terre Haute.

2. Portland was as lovely as ever. I made applesauce with Alison and her friend. I took walks. I played with Jillian. Watched the Olympics. I took naps.

3. On Sunday a fellow told Jason that beards were out. I blurted out that soul patches were out. Turns out, the fellow had one.

4. I did a super awful job of taking care of Jillian one morning. We lost her doll (temporarily) in the park and I didn't give her the right foods. That was the day I stepped in dog poo.

5. I went shopping at my favorite Portland stores and joined Jason's life group. They talked about churchy stuff. It was fun.

6. On the way back down (see 2nd previous entry) I continued to be totally spacey and the trip wasn't quite as pleasant as the trip up. I dreampt there was a ghost on the train. The ghost of an old porter.

XOXO

No comments: