Wednesday, May 7, 2008

recurring dream about academia

There are lots of recurring dreams, but there's one in particular that is an amalgamation of all my worst school nightmares.

I get a call and am told that I didn't finish part of High school. My high school diploma, my bachelor's, and my master's are all taken away and I have to go back to high school. I suddenly realized there are classes I should have been going to all along, but forgot to attend and today is the final exam. I have to get to school, but I keep getting lost while driving there. Once I'm there, I can't remember where my locker is, what the combination is, or how to use a combination lock. When I finally get to the class, I can't answer any questions on the exam, the teacher hates me, and I'm wearing a wet towel.

In real life, I've been planning a tea party at the library... and I've created a monster. So far, 80 people have RSVP'd so I finally just cut off the rsvp-ing. All week I've been having nightmares that 200 people show up, everything goes wrong, my boss is mad at me, and I'm wearing jeans. Coincidentally (or not), my boss also had a nightmare that everything went wrong and that she was mad at me. Awesome.

Here is the card I *almost* got mom for mother's day, but I called Alison and she told me not to.

1 comment:

The Tarka Family said...

So, what card did you get mom?

I have recurring dreams about academia, maybe I'll blog about it, too.

Good luck with the tea party! Give us a full report.